For my current project we have been asked with working for clientele. We were asked to work with a band from our college so that we can produce an album cover. Before meeting our band we collected research as a starting point to work from. This included looking at both past and present photographers that work within the music industry. We looked at photographers that produced work for a range of genres therefore we would have an idea of styles associated with genre.
It was very hard getting in contact with our band and when we eventually met with some of the members it became clear that they were not as engaged with the plan as we had initially thought. It was clear that not only would it be near to impossible to get any input as to what they would like for an album cover but also gathering them together for a photo-shoot.
As a result of these finding we decided to produce a new album cover for a preexisting band/artist. Although it would have been a good experience to work for clients this purely wouldn’t be feasible under the circumstances.